Saturday, February 14, 2009

I Think They Miss Daddy!

The other day I was working in the kitchen & Macall was in the family room playing when she said "Mommy, I miss Daddy." I said "me too, but we'll be strong & we will get through it." She obviously misunderstood me & she replied (quite offended) "I will not get over it!" Since that day she has several times out of the blue says comments like "I will not get over Daddy being gone, Mommy." Good thing he has a cheerleader back home!

Since Dad's been gone Macall Sleeps with Mom when I let her.

Preston & Maddy had a sleep-over last weekend in Preston's room. When I went to kiss them goodnight I saw Maddy had brought Daddy along with her (& a few toys.)

Today I moved Maddy's Daddy pillow off her bed while I fixed her sheets & found her stash of letters Dad has sent under it. Her personal "Daddy shrine."
Even Reggie has decided to sleep here, a little closer to the rest of the family, instead of his kennel.

3 comments:

Martie said...

Awww, so, so sad. I hope time goes quickly for all of you.

Martie

The Sayer Family said...

I LOVE the pillow cases. Too cute!

the Wirigs said...

this is so cute! brought tears to my eyes though.