Thursday, April 10, 2008

A Couple New Fix Ups.


This is our new ottoman/coffee table. The kids love it, it is comfortable. I was pleased with how it turned out. You sometimes get to a point when you need a "project" (or at least I do) this was a lot easier than painting (which has been on my mind lately). Derrick would flip if I came home and caught me painting a little over a year away from moving. This let me create something new and it could go in the basement of our next home, so it was easier to justify! Also the color is closer to the pillows on the couch for some reason it came out looking very fluorescent in these pictures.

I just hung these pictures. This skinny wall has always bothered me, nothing has ever fit on it just right. I like how these pictures fit. For less than $25.00 I should have done it a long time ago.


2 comments:

the Wirigs said...

Julie your blog looks so good. Like the new ottoman & new skinny wall pics. Like the blog background too. I have to call you and find out how to do it. I got your message about it. Thanks. Such cute kids!

Smoochie Lady April of Cook said...

Your house looks so wonderful--great use of color. You have always made your home a fashionable place which is why I am always trying to copy something you have done in one way or the other (ie. coffee table and chest). I am judging from your lovely furniture that your budget has allowed you some extra leeway. Look'n good lady...