The last day of school, as any mother knows, can be pretty crazy! For me this year it was no exception, I was scrambling to throw together my last minute teacher gifts, and Madeline's class party (which I was in charge of) and I had half the day to accomplish it because it was an early release. Needless to say I didn't go to the school awards assembly. I didn't think my kids were getting any awards. Boy was I ever wrong.
Fast forward to the end of school as I went to deliver Preston's teacher's gift. She said she handed out the awards in their class for all the students who accomplished their A.R.(Accelerated Reader) goals. She said she felt bad as she handed all of them out and had nothing for Preston, who was the top reader in the class. She said she knew he was going to be getting his award in front of the school at the assembly, but because it was a surprise she couldn't tell him. Then they went to the assembly and he got his award. "Highest A.R. Achiever in the First Grade" (out of 4 first grade classes)! Not only did he get a certificate, but a trophy too! I wish I knew he was getting an award, I would have loved to have seen his face. Good job Preston!
2 comments:
Nice work Preston! You would think they would give you a heads up! Thanks for the update!
Congrats to P-Diddy!
Keep up the great work. You are the man!
P.S. Can you teach my kids to read?
Post a Comment